Things to carry for Valley of Flowers trek
Valley of Flowers trek, things to carry
The following is what we recommend you take, and is a guideline of what to bring. You are responsible for having the necessary personal equipment you need for this trek.
- One Good quality preferably Reebok/Adidas windcheater or lightweight jacket. or A good thermal (polypropylene) layer consisting of long johns and pullover. Temperatures are very low specially in night time and mornings even in June.
- Two pairs of lightweight trousers or pants, one for trekking and one to wear at night
- One pair of shorts.
- Two light weight fleeces or wool jumpers.
- A light weight umbrella.
- A woolen hat to wear in the mornings and evenings.
- A pair of gloves. (optional)
- A camera.
- A note book and/or writing paper and pen.
- Duffel bag or large rucksack to carry to gear while trekking. We recommend you use something strong and sturdy.
- Daypack: This is a small rucksack to carry the gear you will need while trekking. Camera, spare jacket, waterproof jacket, water bottle, pack lunch etc.
- Water bottle.
- Small towel .
- Toiletries, N.B as little as possible, if you are traveling with friends try to share toiletries.
- Small torch with spare batteries. (Important). There will be no electricity after 9 pm. You will need it.
- Walking boots / trekking shoes. If you are buying new boots for this trip please ensure they are well broken in before hand. Few things will make you more miserable during the trek than blisters. You need to cross some shallow rivers using them (Some time jumping over round stones in shallow rivers). It is better to have shoes which does not get wet easily. (Avoid shoes made of foam and cloth kind of stuff). Our recommendation is take some woodland shoes with a backup of good quality floaters. Old shoes must be avoided if they are not in good condition as last year two of our clients got their shoes sole removed while trekking right inside the Valley of flowers. That is something no one would like to happen with himself. You also need to take them off while crossing some shallow rivers. (Kindly talk to me if you want at +91 9268319339)
- Medicines like muscle relaxant, some antibiotics, one crape bandage, if you are prone to vomiting then some medicine for that.
- Some dry fruits like Fig, Cashew nut and Almonds. Also some chocolates can be bought, idea is to have high energy low weight food items while trekking. Food quality available in Ghangria is not so good. So take some fruits / biscuits for your breakfast and lunch for at least two days.